Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Untouched

Listening to Todd Carey's "Nintendo" really got me in a "throwback" mood.

  1. "Untouched" - The Veronicas.  It's not that I remember this song being popular, but my cousins went bat over it.  I swear, every time we went to their house to go swimming they had to play it.  The song was released in 2007 under their album Hook Me Up.  For those of you who are unsure of who The Veronicas are, they are twin sisters Lisa and Jessica Origliasso from Australia (woo, Aussies!).  You would think that from my reaction that I'm from Australia, but I'm not.  I'm from New Jersey.
  2. "Best of Both Worlds" - Hannah Montana.  March 24, 2006.  I can barely remember what I had for dinner last night (exaggeration - I had ravioli) but I still remember the exact date Hannah Montana aired.  I LOVED THAT SHOW.  This song was the theme for the show, hence was the title track for the soundtrack.  Yeah, that first season soundtrack was the soundtrack of my fourth grade year.  The soundtrack.
  3. "I Kissed A Girl" - Katy Perry.  This was her breakout song.  I was in sixth grade when I first heard it and everyone was singing it.  The video would play wherever a TV was present and the song was in every store.  A lot of people said that Katy was going to be one-hit wonder with that song, but I guess you could say she really surprised us.  The chick's got so many hits and has performed numerous sold-out shows.  *Clap hands*
  4. "1985" - Bowling For Soup.  We all know every word to this song!  Debbie was gonna be an actress, she was gonna be a star.  Bruce Springsteen and Madonna - WAY before Nirvana.  U2 and Blondie were big and so was MTV because it was still purely music videos and not the crap they play today.  She knows every line to Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink and just knew she was going to get a hand on a member of Duran Duran.  I hope I have helped to jog your memory.
  5. "Everytime We Touch" - Cascada.  This song was huge.  Released in the US by German eurodance trio Cascada.  When I found out they were German AND a trio, I was shocked.  I heard this song at every Sweet Sixteen I went to and I actually still do hear it.  It was so catchy and energetic, it is honestly very difficult to resist the urge to get up and dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment