Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Take A Walk

I definitely have not lived up to my potential these past few months with the infrequent posts.

But I should begin posting more.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I spent the day with my friend yesterday and as we were driving to our destination, she put in a Passion Pit CD.  I'll be honest:  my Music Rookie was really showing, because I for the most part had absolutely no idea who they were.

Passion Pit are an indietronica group from Massachusetts.  The band consists of Michael Angelakos (lead vocals and keyboards), Ian Hultquist (keyboards and guitar), Xander Singh (synthesizer and samples), and Jeff Apruzzese (bass and synth bass).

They have released two CDs, Manners (2009) and Gossamer (2012).  They have also released two EPs, Chunk of Change (2008) and Constant Conversations (2013).

Nine singles were released from 2008-2013 such as "Sleepyhead" from their album Manners and "Take a Walk" from Gossamer.

My favorite song so far is "Take a Walk."  It's a fun song that was called the third-best song of 2012 by Rolling Stone magazine in January 2013.

[Source:  YouTube]

No comments:

Post a Comment