Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Into the Fire

Day Four:  Bruce Springsteen

Bruce Springsteen has been an incredible songwriter since he was a teenager.  When 9/11 happened, he released a CD called The Rising in honor of the tragedy our country was faced with.

One of the most powerful songs on the album is "Into the Fire."

Every verse of the song has the lines "Up the stairs, into the fire."  The firefighters are walking up the stairs to help those still inside.  "The sky was falling and streaked with blood / I heard you calling me then you disappeared into the dust."  It's a situation that I can't even talk about.

"It was dark, too dark to see, you held me in the light you gave / You lay your hand on me / Then walked into the darkness of your smoky grave."

No comments:

Post a Comment