Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

Anna Sun

"Anna Sun" by WALK THE MOON is probably one of my favorite songs at the moment, along with "Just A Little Bit of Your Heart" by Ariana Grande (I'll talk about her song another day).

Originating in Cincinatti, Ohio, this indie pop group supposedly got their name from "Walking on the Moon," a song by The Police.

The band consists of Nicholas Petricca (lead vocals, keys, synthesizer), Kevin Ray (bass, vocals), Sean Waugaman (drums, vocals), Eli Maiman (guitar, vocals).

While "Anna Sun" was originally released in their debut independent record, I Want!  I Want!, it was re-released on their self-titled record, Walk the Moon, through RCA.

Their sound reminds me of Hunter Hunted, one of the bands that opened for twenty one pilots back in April.  I just think WALK THE MOON is a little more advanced lyrically.

No comments:

Post a Comment